Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lip products Part one: Lip balms

Hello, so I have been gone a while (three months to be exact as blogger reminds me!), mostly because of school and because I am great at procrastinating. Here I am going to shall the current lip products I have and love and the ones I sort of just have.

I was cleaning out my makeup box (I really want a vanity table or a nice drawers, but currently as sad it is my makeup is all storage in different make up bags under my sink in a cardboard box!). I noticed just how many lip products I have, so here they are and my thoughts on them.

Lip Balms:

 Peach Float - Nintendo
This is a pink lip balm that has Princess Peach from Super Mario on it. I was on holiday and my lips were getting very chapped to the point of being sore so I went to look for lip balm, and I found this, I bought it mainly because it was cute and I love Princess Peach, plus it seems like peaches! However I have to admit it is not the more useful lip balm as it does not moisturize very much, but it is cute and peachy!

Feel of product on my lips : 2/5
Moisturizing: 1.5/5
Packaging : 5/5
Overall : 3/5

Tiger Lily - Burt's Bee Tinted Lip Balm
This product at first I wanted to try but now that I have I can with confidence state that I much prefer the original Burt's Bees. I found this product to not go on smoothly and the product to be a bit thick. The colour is nice however I feel personally, if I wanted colour I could find better in a lip gloss or lipstick.

Feel of product on my lips : 2.5/5
Moisturizing: 4/5
Packaging : 3/5
Overall : 3.5/5

Mango Butter - Burt's Bee
I adore this lip balm, it is not too expensive so I do not feel bad about lathering on as much as I do of this lip product. I love how it feels on my lips and I do love that it has ingredients I more or less understand. I especially favored this in the winter, however even in the spring and summer I think lip balm does have its place. It is my favorite.

Feel of product on my lips : 5/5
Moisturizing: 4.5/5
Packaging : 3/5
Overall : 4.5/5


'Tis the Season- Cinnamon Winter- Avon
Just as the Peach lip balm I am easily taken in by cute packaging and a cheap price tag, this is how this cute thing became a stocking stuffer for me from my grandmother! I like it because it has a different taste/smell then minty, so it does add something a bit different, the feel on my lips is not that great, and to be honest I have only used it a handful of times, but it is so cute!

Feel of product on my lips : 1.5/5
Moisturizing: 2/5
Packaging : 5/5
Overall : 2.5/5

Baby Lips- Pink Punch- Maybelline
Well, I saw this on sale for 3.99 today and I decided to give it a go as I have seen it mention by a lot of beauty/makeup bloggers, and I so far am not disappointed. The colour is sheer, so it is at heart a lip balm than a lip gloss, however the colour can be built up and it feels very moisturizing on, as I have just bought it today I cannot attest to all the impressive stats it advertises on its packaging, so this is my impression after first use.

Feel of product on my lips : 4/5
Moisturizing: 5/5
Packaging : 4.5/5
Overall : 4/5

Principessa - Lip Balm
If there were any contender that would rival Burt's Bees as my favorite lip balm this would be it! I love this product, it has a nice smell and it feels good on, although it can get a bit sticky. It says that Shea Butter and Vitamin E is added to the formula, although I am unsure of the significantly of those it is moisturizing.

Feel of product on my lips : 3.5/5
Moisturizing: 4.5/5
Packaging : 5/5
Overall : 4/5


Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 -Mint/Pear- Kiehls
I have two of these as there was a very good sale. I love the smell of the pear one, although they are both quite nice on the lips, I think these have  a great formulas, however they lose points as although they are very nice I would not buy these at full price. The reason that I enjoy Burt's Bess is I can use it a lot and be unconcerned of price, unlike this one. However it is fair to state that my lips are not that dry to begin with so perhaps someone with drier lips may find them worth the price.

Feel of product on my lips : 5/5
Moisturizing: 4.5/5
Packaging : 3/5
Overall : 4/5

3 comments:

  1. Oh! The Baby lips one is supposed to be sort of Maybelline's answer to the Revlon lip butters, aren't they? I kind of want to try them, where did you find it for $3.99?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoppers right next to my house, I think that it is the same price until May 7th

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does the packing look like on principessa that gets such high marks?

    ReplyDelete