Monday, January 27, 2014

"Book Clock Tag"

This is a youtube tag video from Danika Leigh Ellis  her channel is :
http://www.youtube.com/user/Danneeness?feature=watch

1) How fast do you read?
I read about 20 pages in an hour roughly.

2) How many books do you read in a year?
Last year I read around 65 but the years before that I read 45, so I am going to average it at 50.

3) How many books are on your TBR pile/list?
On my goodreads I have 587, however, I do not plan on reading all of those, a lot are just books that sounded interesting and to look more into, instead of books that I am very interested in reading. Of books that I am currently interested in reading I would put my number at ~200. Book that I intend to read and physically own I would put more around ~100.

4) Based on how many books you have to read, and how many book you read in a year, how long will it take you to get to the end of your TBR pile/list?
Assuming that I do not purchase anymore books and purely focus on finishing all that I own, it would take me around 2 years.

5) How many years have you been reading?
I have been reading since probably around 5-6, so about 18 years.

6) Based on how many books you read in a year and how many years you've been reading, how many books have you read in your lifetime?
Well, I think that 50 books is a bit high for through-out my life, I think when I was younger I would probably get through maybe 30, so I am going to change the number to 40 to account for less reading as a kid, (even though that may be a bit high) it would average out to about 18*40= 720.

7) How many hours do you spend reading in a week?
I am not sure if you are counting reading from textbooks/school related, but I am assuming you are, I spent about 2.5 (1.5 hours reading) hours per night on homework, and I enjoy reading for fun for .5-1 hour, so overall I will read about 1.5+.7*7= 15 and a half hours roughly.

8) How many hours do you spend in book-related activities other than reading in a week? (Booktubing, bookblogging, book shopping, etc)
I enjoy watching booktubers while I do other things, but I would say about an hour a day I do book related things on bad days and maybe 2ish on good days.

9) Would you like to change that ratio? (Would you rather spend more time reading and less time on book-related things?)
Nah, they are both for fun for me, so I don't really mind the ratio.

10) Anything else you'd like to add? And who do you want to tag?
Nothing to add! :)

1 comment:

  1. I did the tag, but it won't be up until Monday (feb 17) on my blog: http://thought-constellations.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete