Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Nailhur review update~

Hey!
So, I decided to paste my nails back and try them on for a couple of days. Here's just a few things I want to add to the original post.

I tried painting the nails (as it says you can). I did not want to remove the original colour of the nail polish, so I just painted over top. This was the result:

Before:




 
















 After

I put a topcoat on my nails, but I am not sure that you have to do that. The nail polish did not seem to budge once placed on the nail and in the four days I wore the days, the polish did not chip. Whether  that is due to the nails themselves, or to my nail polish I do not know.

The second thing I wanted to mentioned is an update on the things I go used to doing. This was pretty much everything, except manipulating little things, and typing. It was difficult to put on/take off earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. It was also very difficult to game and type. The difficultly lies in how a keyboard is layout.  A keyboard has little spaces between the letters, and when a key is pressed down on it moves the keys below the other ones (obviously). This leaves a little gap where the nail point could fit and become stuck momentarily. This made it hard to type quickly, or to game on the computer, with accuracy. However, I think this would not be a problem with an Apple computer based on how their keyboard is laid out.

The last thing I wanted to talk about is removing the nails. After wearing them for a couple of days, I found the removing the nails to be much easier. It was still a bit of a battle, but it took me about 10 minutes. The nails underneath, however, were very weak; I've since cut them and cover them in Nail Envy.

Overall, I really liked how these nails looked before and after I painted them. Everywhere I went I received compliments on them, but they are a bit of a nuisance; however, I think they are a fun add-on to put on when you want to add a little more glam! :)

5 comments:

  1. Are you using a lot of glue? You're just supposed to use a drop. After soaking my nails in hot water for a minute, they popped right off and didn't damage my nails at all... I don't understand why we've had such different experiences! O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Your nails were not even weak? I thought I was using the right amount of glue, but next time I'll try using just enough to stick them on because I think your experience was more the "norm" whereas I was having a heck of a time taking them off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have used too much glue because I was able to wear mine for 2 weeks and not I've popped off. Then when I went to remove them, I soaked them n hot water for 45 minutes and I had to rip them off! My nails are destroyed! To the point of bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have used too much glue because I was able to wear mine for 2 weeks and not I've popped off. Then when I went to remove them, I soaked them n hot water for 45 minutes and I had to rip them off! My nails are destroyed! To the point of bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did the first time I put them on, too! I was struggling so much with them I was ripping off my own nails (that's why they were so weak!) The second time I used them (which is what this review is based on) I was SO careful to use only the small bit of glue, and even still I had issues trying to take them off! But they wore well for like a week and a half, usually I took them off because I wanted to move easily, not because I needed to!

      Delete