Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Winter Empties!

Hello!
You'd think by the way I am blogging about empties that I must go through a lot of stuff quickly, but I doubt that is true, it just seems to be something I am focuses on lately? It's not even really on purpose. I'm not sure why, but hopefully you are really interested in my trash because here is some more!




 Firstly, I actually finished up a lip product! I know that it is only a deluxe sample size, but I am still really impressed with myself! I really liked this colour for fall, and I wore it pretty much nonstop from September to November. This didn't have a lot of product, unlike the fullsize, but I think it had a decent amount. I felt that this was a pretty good product, I felt like I didn't have to reapply all the time, but it still felt creamy (although I probably did reapply about every 3-4hours, so I guess that depends how often one wants to reapply). I did notice this colour came with a couple of the sets Bite put out for the holidays, so that's something to take into account if one is the type to buy the different holiday sets to avoid duplicate colours. As for me I have already repurchased. PS. the lip crayon is a bit messy from trying to dig to get a swatch!


I finished up another Sephora moisturizer. It is alright at moisturizing my skin, but this product is very meh for me. I don't feel it does a particularly great job. I find it a bit greasy, but not overwhelmingly so, and I dislike the powdery scent. Overall, I would not purchase; especially since often I was repurchasing due to not having anything I liked better. Now I strongly favor the FAB face moisturizer, so I'll purchase that instead.


 I finished this mascara: the Maybelline Lash Sensational. I liked this mascara. It seemed to lengthen, so at least it seemed to work well when I paired it with another mascara. Fun fact: I usually use two mascaras one for lengthening and one for separation. However, due to that, I cannot say how much of my overall look was due to this mascara, or the one I paired it with (the Benefit "they're Real") and I really like the look both mascaras provided together.  I would consider repurchasing, depending if I wanted to get the They're Real mascara as well. Currently, I am using up deluxe samples of mascaras.




I also finished up a deluxe size sample of Too Faced better than sex. I really like this mascara. I have been pairing it with Nars' audacious lash (also a deluxe size). I find it gives me long, yet still pretty natural looking lashes. Because it is a 30$ mascara, I am pretty unlikely to buy the fullsize. I do have another deluxe sample, so I will happily use that one up!



 I disliked this, but I finished it up pretty quickly because the sample seemed to come with very little product. I used this for under eye area, but it didn't seem to set, it seemed to smear around. I then tried to use it on any spots, but, due to the "moisturizing" centre it left the spots looking glossy, a bit? It seemed to draw attention to them rather than take it away. I could not find a way to use this in a way I liked it, but I used it all up trying. I would not repurchase. (/ get another sample of).





I really like this lip balm! I already have a favourite lip balm in the FAB Ultra Repair Lip Thearpy (which I think I have mentioned in an empties already). I don't really see the need to get another clear lip balm, especially at 28$, and  I didn't think it worked that much better than the FAB. However, I am also working on the Rosy Tint one, and that I can see repurchasing in the fullsize. I like the extra bit of colour it gives, while still helping my lips. So I guess, I would repurchase, but not in this colour.


This is the same picture from my mask post of early this week, but it represents finishing the three sheet masks from the Black Friday deal at Spehora. I have to say I am disappointed by them. I am sure they are great for other people, but I found them to be cold and clammy. I really didn't enjoy the sensation of them being on my face. I also felt they didn't really do much for my skin. The three types that came in the kit were : Pearl (in the picture), Rose (for brightening and moisturizing), and Lotus (for moisturizing and soothing). I also hated the feeling afterwards. They leave a tackiness on the skin that I found unpleasant, but the excess is not supposed to be washed away, so I left it. Overall, I will not repurchase these, but I am glad I gave them a go!

Well, that's all the empties I have this time! Hope you enjoyed them! Merry Christmas, if you are into that sort of thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment