Thursday, April 28, 2016

Spring Empties!

Hello! So I was a bit overdue for an empties. A lot of this stuff is skincare, but I did finish off three makeup items as well!

TOO FACED HANGOVER REPLENISHING FACE PRIMER

I really ended up liking this. I am not entirely sure how well it worked, because I didn't notice a significant difference, but I loved the way it smelled, and how it felt on the skin. It was smooth and it absorbed nicely. My makeup seemed not to last any longer than with other primers I've tried, but I never wear makeup without primer, so it may last longer than makeup would have on skin alone. This also had a nice little pump; however, the pump had no way of feeding the primer into itself, so when no more came out I thought it was done, but there was quite a bit at the bottom that I noticed when I cut into it to check. I guess that can be fixed by, the next time it is running dry, trying to feed the product down. Therefore, a con of this product would be one cannot see how close it is to done, and there is no easy way to make sure it is finished without cutting it open, that I found. Still, it is a minor issue, and one that is easy to overlook. I have repurchased it.

SOFT LIPS IN SHEA BUTTER "BLUEBERRY"
I won this from Kristy's blog contest, so it was nice to have, but I doubt I would pick it up again. It had a very strong smell. The scent on this one was passable, but the scent on the other one I received, the purple, made it rather unpleasant to use. I also didn't feel like it did much for my lips; I felt it stay on top of the lips superficially adding moisture, while not changing the overall feel of my lips. I won't be repurchasing it.

FIRST AID BEAUTY ULTRA REPAIR LIP THERAPY
This is my Holy Grail lip balm. It just works. I described it more in detail in my last empties, but I just love this stuff. It really makes a difference in one's lips. I find it actually locks in moisture and changes my lips at a base level, rather than something I can just put on top. This is my second complete tube, and I will buy another one once I get back from my trip!

NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER IN VANILLA

I love this stuff as well. I find it wears well on my skin and doesn't crease or cake up too much. I like the overall appearance I get when I use this, and I find I like the consistency. A couple other concealers I've tried I found either too dry, like the NYX one, or too wet, like the glamoflauge one. This was a happy medium, and I think it matches my skin pretty well. I have repurchased it.

KAT VON D TATTOO LINER IN TROOPER

I love this eyeliner for its ease of use. I am not particular skilled at eyeliner, but this eyeliner makes it way easier to try to do a winged eye look. I found with this eyeliner I am able to get a nice wing without too much issue. It is likely for someone,with more skills than I have, that this may not add anything to his/her routine, but I love the precision I get with this. I also like that not too much comes out of the brush. I tried the Avon one to practice with, but I found the formula too runny to do anything with, so I gave up until I got this as a sample! I have also heard, from Emily Noel 83 --a beauty youtuber-- that there are a couple drugstore dupes of this that may be worth checking out. I am not sure if the dupes would be available locally, but if so I may repurchase those instead, as for now I have another sample, so I am going to happily use that up!

FRESH SUGAR LIP TREATMENT IN ROSE

This is also a sample size. I really enjoyed it! I found it decently hydrating, although I prefer my First Aid Beauty in that regard, but I love the soft red tint it left on my lips. It was a pretty soft hint of colour that I really loved. I tended to wear this both as a proper lip colour out as well as a lip balm for just staying at home. However, that being said, I am not sure about the $28 price tag, as that seems a lot for a lipbalm/treatment even if I sometimes wear it outside of the house, given the FAB is only 15. I probably will not repurchase it, but (you guessed it) I have another sample that I recently got, so I will be using that up happily!

So that is it for my spring empties! I am not sure when my next one will be, but I am almost finished a powder and a foundation, so maybe soon? Who knows! Hope you have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. The blue softlips was actually Shea, not blueberry... you totally made that up!

    I'm I impressed you have used up 2 tubes of the FAB balm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! So I did! I guess I got blueberry from the packaging and never questioned my own assumption! Haha! Yup I just love that stuff, I need some more when I come home right now I have sunscreen lip balm, which is only okay.

      Delete